Posted March 22, 2021
NeuroTrainer is a VR-based Mental Fitness system that enables athletes to achieve new levels of human performance with cognitive training to train the mind. We combine neuroscience, sports science and immersive media to build training, measurement and neuro-analytics where athletes improve focus, decision speed, and situational awareness that translates to overall athletic performance.
We are looking for an experienced, full-stack Java software engineer to join our engineering team and help us architect and build the next-generation of cognitive training, data analytics and visualization services and APIs. In this opportunity you will be delivering on critical business needs, responsible for scalability and performance of the current platform, enhancing the core platform capabilities for future use cases, and building real-time data processing pipelines for analytics and visualizations.
- Design, implement, and test complex, multi-tier distributed software applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Be a problem solver and drive to get results
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies
- Communicate effectively to peers and leadership on tasks and projects
- 3+ years of full-stack Java software engineering experience with diversified exposure to analysis, design, development and implementation of web-based applications.
- Excellent knowledge and programming experience in Java and related web frameworks (Spring Framework, JSP, Servlets, JDBC etc).
- Very strong foundational knowledge in Object-Oriented Design Principles, Data Structures, Algorithms and Software Engineering.
- Understanding around concepts like Web Services, REST APIs, XML and JSON processing.
- Experience with databases (relational and NoSQL) and related technologies (Hibernate, JPA).
- Experience with modern cloud architecture and paradigms (AWS preferred).
- Experience with data pipelines and analytics is a definite plus.
- Experience with CI/CD, test automation and Containers is a plus.
- Fast and continuous learner – thrives in challenging and fast-paced environments.
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and the ability to creatively solve complex problems in the short-term without losing sight of long-term goals.
- High standards of reliability and quality with a good dose of pragmatism.
- Self-starter and ready to roll up their sleeves and immerse themselves into any problem as needed.
- Positive, can-do attitude in challenging situations and ability to prioritize, pivot and re-focus efficiently.
- Has strong opinions, but can take constructive criticism, feedback and diverse ideas and incorporate into the final decision making process.
- Team-player with a great sense of humor, thrives in a highly motivated, driven and collaborative environment.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!