NeuroTrainer is looking for a highly motivated, creative and experienced Data Scientist to join our team in creating the next generation of groundbreaking Cognitive Neuroscience applications for Player Development and Scouting for athletes.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to work on our core product to help tap into the wealth of data we are collecting with the goal to improve both the user training experience and their real world capabilities. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. You are a self-starter and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product. The ideal candidate will have training in causal inference as it is applied to athletic use cases.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our athletes interact with both our consumer and business products
- Work with our Chief Scientist and Product team to find signals in the VR training activity
- Inform, influence, and support our product decisions and product launches
- Statistical modeling and quantitative analysis to support product development, player evaluation and transference measures from application to in-sport performance.
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports to capture key product metrics to customers
- Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- Influencing product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Communicating state of business, experiment results, etc. to product teams and establish best practices for data ingestion, collection, and analysis.
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product
- Data Infrastructure: working in DynamoDb and MySQL, automating ETL and analyses
- Help design and execute quasi-experimental methods and evaluate results
- 3+ years’ work experience doing quantitative analysis in a fast-paced environment
- M.S, or Ph.D. in applied mathematics, statistics, physics or other technical fields.
- Experience in SQL or other programming languages
- Fluency with mathematical and statistical programming (Python and/or R)
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions, causal inference)
- Fluency in manipulating data sets through statistical software (e.g. R, SAS) or other methods
- Ability to communicate data analysis in a layman’s terms
- Fast and continuous learner – thrives in challenging and fast-paced environments.
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and the ability to creatively solve complex problems in the short-term without losing sight of long-term goals.
- High standards of reliability and quality with a good dose of pragmatism.
- Self-starter and ready to roll up their sleeves and immerse themselves into any problem as needed.
- Positive, can-do attitude in challenging situations and ability to prioritize, pivot and re-focus efficiently.
- Has strong opinions, but can take constructive criticism, feedback and diverse ideas and incorporate into the final decision making process.
- Team-player with a great sense of humor, thrives in a highly motivated, driven and collaborative environment.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!